I design products and create things with a lot of personality.
I always thought my illustration, animation, or music hobbies would define my career. Little did I know, I'd fall into the digital product design world through a series of fortunate events. From startup to startup, I quickly advanced into roles which enabled me to learn a bucket of skills that we now call product design. The things that I thought would define my career, helped me start a new one.
For three years, I had the pleasure of running the product design program at Tradecraft, where I and a team of other talented instructors trained over 350 highly motivated and talented people to work as product designers in the San Francisco Bay Area at companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, and Tesla.
For more of my work history, take a look at my Linkedin.
- I create super polished visual designs (UI).
- I solve hard problems and have good intuition for how people use products (UX).
- I care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of my designs.
- I have strong beliefs, but am a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- I tell stories using both words and visuals, and plan the best way to make my point.
- I enjoy mentoring and teaching team members what I've learned.
- I love illustrating and animating graphics when I get the chance!
- Working on each feature from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution.
- Polishing each feature in HTML, CSS, and crappy JS.
- Using data from Community & Support teams to plan and scope the product roadmap.
- Creating design systems that are simple to understand.
- Working with marketing to devise new ways to tell great stories.
- Mentoring fellow designers